Over 75 thousand Zazzle Fine Art Photography Products!

DrBillCreations ⬅︎ Check out over 75 thousand of my photography products at my Zazzle store! Writing haiku is like capturing a moment in time. Capturing life in photographs has a family resemblance. Please check out my photography sites!
Photography Prints

Sunday, May 23, 2010

In my opinion, one of the best guides for beginning haiku poets
is by Lee Gurga (Haiku: A Poet's Guide). I mention that because he describes nuances between
haiku, senryu and poems not quite fitting either type, such as
the one he used of mine: "removing her sweater/the spark/no longer there"
(p.57). Perhaps my recent post of "blossoming sky" also is not exactly haiku. Check it out.
Over the summer, in preparation for revising haiku notebook as an ebook, I'll be rereading other haiku books such as Gurga's and may post some missives here.

No comments: